Establishing a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
An ever-increasing number of Australians are choosing to manage their own superannuation and take advantage of the significant tax benefits of holding investments within the superannuation environment.
There are several trust laws and legislative requirements for setting up a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF). Among other things you need to:
- Obtain a trust deed
- Appoint trustees
- Sign a trustee declaration (NAT 71089)
- Elect to become a regulated fund
- Obtain a tax file number (TFN)
- Obtain an Australian business number (ABN)
- Prepare an Investment Strategy
At KJB Accountants & Business Advisors we can provide the professional assistance you need to set up your own fund and provide ongoing service to ensure the compliance and taxation requirements of this highly attractive structure are met.
Back to Services