As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life that is often deferred or completely overlooked. However, knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose and in a tax-effective way can provide peace of mind and is definitely worth consideration as the difference it can make to the beneficiaries of your estate can be huge.
Anyone who has accumulated assets throughout their lifetime should consider what they can do in the present to ensure their wealth is passed on to their beneficiaries in the most effective manner possible. Whether the assets are superannuation, property, equities, cash, business interests or some combination thereof, some considered planning and the right decisions made now can potentially save many thousands of dollars in future tax and ensure the smoothest possible flow of assets to the desired recipients.
At KJB Accountants & Business Advisors we are experienced in estate planning and can assist with ensuring the right actions are completed and structures put in place now to ensure the most trouble-free and tax-effective succession plan for your assets possible.
Estate Planning areas we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets - valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Assessing deceased estate tax-effectiveness of current structure
- Identifying potential asset protection and succession issues
- Advising on taxation implications of superannuation contributions and withdrawals
- Assisting with estate planning documentation
- Estimates of taxation liabilities on Estate distribution
- Seeing to the taxation affairs of the Deceased Estate
Back to Services